Hello and welcome to SteampunkClusterfuck! 8D Let me begin by saying people of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, whatever are welcome to join the group no matter what your drawing level or style is. But please keep in mind that you have to have an acceptable character to join. All this would be appreciated if you follow the steps below. The only reason you may have from not being able to join the group is a banning that was placed on you for any particular reason by one of the administrators.
1) YOU MUST HAVE A CHARACTER TO JOIN. I can't stress this enough. Before you hit that "join group" button, please go make you a character first. Draw them, write about them, I DON'T CARE, just make one! XD Of course, you must follow the listed rules as well. If you should fail to do one or the other, you will be declined. :I
2) Just because the title has "steampunk" in it, this doesn't mean you HAVE to have a steampunk element in your design. It's mostly there to represent the mixing of time periods, "what-if" scenarios, and alternate versions of times/places/etc. Things such as cyberpunk designs and other mix and match designs are acceptable.
3) This may be a clusterfuck, but it's not free for all to the point of tackiness. Please check the list of "acceptable races" (linked below) before creating a character. I'd like to keep things believable, even the impossible.
4) That being said, clusterfuck your time periods and cultures wisely. We don't need a ninja/wizard/vampire/mad scientist dressed like a pirate-knight walking around...
5) To help things along, try RESEARCHING the things you wanna clusterfuck. It's cool to have a cyberpunk cowboy...it's not cool to have a cyberpunk cowboy who acts like a pilgrim. Make things match to a point...
6) The same could be said for the powers of magic and science. Magic and science play a big role here, but not to the point of being godlike. Please check the "society" sections (linked below) and read up on limitations before applying any questionable abilities to your character. In other words, don't make a character who uses any magic where things are POOF! THERE! or a character who uses science with the ability to make a time machine out of a single paper clip, you know?
OTHERWISE, mix and match away!
7) Kind of a strange mention coming from a club with the word "fuck" in their screen name, but mature art is fine, though it obviously must meet DA's rules as well. You know what you're getting into when you adjust your mature content settings on DA as a whole. XD
8) Like I said already but am going to mention again, all styles as well as art forms are welcomed here, from western cartoon style to anime and manga style, from drawings to literature. Once again, just make sure they fit the club. XD
- Acceptable races
Pretty much self explanatory, though I cannot stress enough how bad you need to check here.
This covers things such as acceptable technology, as well as things like how the government works here and such.
- The Nycticoraxnasutus
The Nycticoraxnasutus, often shortened to "Nixes", are a well known cult that worships a raven-like god, with they're notable obsessions being long or beak-like noses. They're practices are on the darker side, including sacrifices and rituals.
- Helpful links
This page just has links to help with historical accuracy for your character design, or inspiration for gadgets they may use!
- RP chatroom
A chatroom for making RPing easier. This IS an RP club, afterall
- Nycticoraxnasutus RP chatroom
Yeah, the Nycticoraxnasutus are so organized, they get their own chatroom. XD
- Offsite RP site
For easier keeping up with the RP! DA can only do so much...